Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nehru Institute of Technology, Kaliyapuram, Coimbatore 6411 05, Tamilnadu, India
This paper describes about the development of the latest PISTONLESS rotary-engine, “THE WAVE DISC ENGINE”. The Pistonless rotary engines have the most potential to solve the problem of eventually losing the availability of fossil-fuels. The wave disk engine "uses the combustion of air and fuel to build up pressure within the engine, generating a shock wave that blasts hot gas exhaust into the blades of the engine's rotors, causing them to turn,which inturn generates electricity." Since fossil fuels are nearing the end of their existence, finding ways to use less of them is crucial to preserve our supplies as long as possible. The traditional internal combustion engine only uses 15 percent of its fuel for propulsion. The remaining 85 percent is essentially wasted. But the wave disk engine promises a big step forward—it could use 60 percent of the fuel to create power, making it up to four times as efficient. Therefore, perfecting the wave disk engine that requires around thirty percent of the fuel that current engines require will benefit all of man-kind greatly by continuing the convenience of driving from place to place. Thus the WAVEDISC ENGINE is spinning the future.